Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Appetite Appeasing Apricot

The world is ending outside and i am making muffins. There is about 2 inches of ice on every surface and i conscientiously took my life into my hands trudging to the coffee shop this morning to write this blog. But the muffins are warm and need to be given to people so i am willing to brave the storm.

2 1/2 cups of flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbs sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped apricots
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup "butter"
1 cup "milk"
2 "eggs"

*preheat oven to 375

Mix together dry ingredients. Cut in "butter". Add apricots and seeds. Add "milk" and "eggs". Stir until just mixed. Spoon into lined muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. So I didn't get yesterday's muffin until today due to the weather conditions but I was pleasantly surprised, as I walked into my studio this morning, to find a muffin sealed tightly in a plastic container awaiting me. Although I think I prefer the last muffin I ate, I think it was butterscotch something or other, today's apricot muffin was quite tasty. Most importantly, it made me feel a little special for a moment to think of the path that it took to get to my studio and the care that was taken in its presentation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete